Friday, August 28, 2009

Mythbusters #1 -- Wednesday, August 26th


Tonight we started our 5 week series called Mythbusters. Our first myth to bust was: I Don't Matter.

Psalm 139:13-16 tells us this:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

From these verse we learned five things.
1. God created you. God is perfect, which means he makes no errors, mistakes, or accidents. This means he created you arne that you are not a mistake, error, or accident. He wanted you here.
2. God made you wonderful. That doesn't mean without flaw. But it does mean that you were create in just the way he watned you to be. There are 10 to the 2000 different combinatinos between two people when they create a baby. You are 1 in literally billions upon billions. He uses flaws in us and loves us jsut he same. When God look sat you, it isn't with anger and disappointment on how you look or how you are, but instead he looks at you and loves you, he thinks you are wonderful.
3. God knew you before you were born. God had you in mind at creation, knowing you would one day come along. God had you in mind on the cross, knowing you would need salvation. God knew you while you were in the womb and loved you. You might have been a surprise or accident to your parents, but not to God.
4. God had a plan for your life even before conception. You might feel useless and like your life is pointless, but even before birth God had a plan for your life. Things for you to accomplish as you follow him. And it is a good plan and all you have to do is follow him!

The world could go on wihtout you, but it would be incomplete. God doesn't make mistakes and he wanted you here and has a plan for your life. It is a good plan.

I give tonight: B
Favorite moment: The awesome questions "Why are there poor people" "Doesn't God knowing everything cancel out free will", etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment