Monday, January 13, 2014

010814: Whom Shall I Send?



Message: Whom Shall I Send?
I.                    Introduction
a.       STL Theme Video: 3:15min
b.      During this coming year we are going to have an interlocking theme for each of the sermons, each one will be about a question that is asked in the Bible.
c.       Often the Bible gets looked at as something full of answers (which it does have) but it is amazing when you read the Bible how many Questions it asks, and not just silly questions, but deep ones that go to the core of our life.
d.      So each week we will look at one of those questions and hopefully by the end of the year see ourselves more rooted in Christ as we grow together.
II.                 Body
a.       Tonight’s Question is found in Isaiah 6, we will read from 1-8
                                                             a.      Isaiah 6:1-8 – “ In the year that King Uzziah died,  I saw the Lord  seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.  Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.  And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth  is full of his glory.” At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”  Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.  With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.” Then I heard the voice  of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!””
                                                            b.      The question is” Whom shall I send?”

b.      Give
                                                             a.      STL Video #2 – 2:36 min
                                                            b.      We as a youth group give to STL, the can we send around each week goes to support missionaries for our denomination in the ways described in this video: equipment and transportation so they can do missions work
                                                             c.      I hope you will make it a point to give this year: even if it is only a quarter a week, give so that missions work can happen.
c.       Pray
                                                             a.      But notice they gave us another thing we are supposed to be doing: praying
                                                            b.      We are to daily lift up those missionaries to have wisdom, safety, and provision for their needs.
                                                             c.      One way we help remind you of that is through our seeds program, take a seed packet and put it somewhere you will see it daily and pray!  Make a commitment to do this throughout the year: even it is only 30 seconds a day, you can make a big impact.
                                                            d.      So in the case of STL the answer to “Whom shall I send?” is missionaries, we help them to be sent but they are the ones going.
d.      Go
                                                             a.      The problem is that we often get stuck there, but the answer isn’t that simple.
                                                            b.      We are all called to do missions work once we are saved.  Jesus even tells us to “Go and make disciples” and it was directed to his followers (anyone who is saved).
                                                             c.      God is looking out at our youth group and asking us this question tonight, “Whom shall I send?”  Who is willing to go?  Who is willing to sacrifice?  Who is willing to share hope with the world around them? 
                                                            d.      I for one want to be like Isaiah and cry back out, “Here am I.  Send me!”  What about you?  Anyone else want to say that?  Is anyone else willing to be sent?
III.               Conclusion
a.       This sending starts tonight, we are leaving here and going home, going to school tomorrow, etc… we are sent to share God with our friends, family, and anyone else we might come in contact
b.      But if last year was the year of the Bible for our youth group (that was our focus, read your bible), the year before was giving, this year would be the year of the mission. 
c.       We will be going on a mission trip this summer in July.  And we are looking for people who are willing to answer God’s question by saying, “Send me.” 
d.      If you are willing to answer that way, come to our meeting on Sunday, after the am service and find out more.
e.       But for now let me pray for you as you are sent out into your homes

No comments:

Post a Comment